Ticket #1096 (new defect)
[super] CKAN Hosted
|Reported by:||pudo||Owned by:||rufuspollock|
Description (last modified by pudo) (diff)
Many users of CKAN want to have their own instance without much effort. Setting these up in separate places is a maintenance nightmare, we should much rather have some tenant separation in core CKAN. Some ideas:
- introduce model.Site and c.site
- site has: custom CSS, extra_template_path, title, languages list, package_form, group_form (all configured via web UI)
- Subdomain detector to activate sites.
- use site in Authorizer instead of System, have a NullSite? for global things
- allow cross-site search
- packages are in a list of sites, m:n rather than 1:n
- list of sites is string-based, can contain sites not in site table to express harvested external material which is not editable locally.