Ticket #1598 (new enhancement)
|Reported by:||rgrp||Owned by:|
Ratings were disabled approximately a year ago because:
- Unclear purpose and UX. What did ratings tell you? How useful were they?
- Spamming (esp by bots: you could submit an anonymous rating via a GET request which caused problems)
Both problems are solvable and it would be nice to have this feature reinstated.
- Purpose: can make this more purposable by limiting to logged in users (or at least distinguishing logged in from non-logged in users)
- Even better we could allow ratings to be made public (I'm interested in what someone else I respect finds important)
- Spamming: limit to logged in users and / or use AJAX over an API to submit ...